Ofsted Report 2016 Published
Conisborough College had an Ofsted Inspection on Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 June 2016. Overall Ofsted have rated the school as 'Requires Improvement'. We are now working rigorously to ensure that when we are re-inspected, within two years, we are judged at least 'Good'.
Here are some of Ofsted's comments used to describe Conisborough College:
- "The majority of pupils work hard in class. They behave politely and courteously towards staff and each other. They are smartly dressed and proud of their school."
- "Pupils' are ambitious, generally hard working and want to achieve highly. They are proud of their school and feel safe."
- "Pupils make strong progress in subjects such as English and Languages. Pupils are articulate and literate."
- "Attendance has improved this year and is now in line with the national average."
- "Leadership of the 'Progress Unit Resource Base' for pupils with a statement of special educational need or disability or an education, health and care plan (EHC plan) is strong."
- "The governing body and the new Headteacher now have an astute understanding of the issues that need to be tackled."
- "The school council, an elected group of individuals who work proactively across the school, believe that they have a voice and that their work is highly valued by other pupils."
- "The school site is well kept, very secure and supervised. Staff supervise pupils as they exit the school at the end of the day and supervise them as they catch public transport to ensure their safety going home"
- "School leaders' drive to improve pupils' behaviour is already having an impact."