Placeholder

Art & Design

Key Stage 3 Art

During the Key Stage 3 Art and Design course, you will learn more about some of the following techniques:

  • drawing
  • painting
  • printing
  • pottery
  • 3-dimensional construction
  • collage
  • modelling
  • designing

Throughout the course we are aiming to develop in you:

  • an ability to work independently
  • an ability to observe accurately and record what you see
  • an imaginative and creative approach to ideas and themes
  • an understanding of techniques and skills in a variety of Art media
  • an ability to evaluate and discuss your work
  • an awareness of the work of artists, designers, craftsmen and craftswomen of various cultures, past and present
  • a commitment to sustained, organised, creative work
  • an ability to keep and maintain a sketch book.
Conisborough College Art Student Lewisham
Conisborough-College-Student-Art-4633
Art Workshop Photos 2020 (8 of 8)
Art Workshop Photos 2020 (7 of 8)
Art Workshop Photos 2020 (6 of 8)
Art Workshop Photos 2020 (5 of 8)

GCSE Art & Design

Course Content:

Art and design is a creative and enjoyable subject. Students explore and develop their visual ideas linked to given themes. Students will be taught and experiment with materials and processes such as drawing, painting, collage, print making, 3-D construction and photography. ICT skills are also taught and developed.

Students will produce a portfolio of their work and final pieces of work in the media of their choice in all 3 years of the course.
This is a coursework based subject with 60% of the marks contributing to the GCSE. The remaining 40% of the marks comes from the year 11 exam portfolio.

Examination details:

This is a coursework based subject with 60% of the marks contributing to the GCSE. The remaining 40% of the marks comes from the year 11 exam portfolio.

Career Opportunities:

Architecture, ceramics, conservation, fashion design, furniture design, museum and gallery work, graphic design, interior design, jewellery design, print-making, window dressing, etc.

Year 7 Self Portraits

Paper Copies

If you require a printed copy of any of the school’s polices or any other information on our website, please contact the school and we will be happy to provide it.

From our 2019 report

On leadership…

Leaders are taking effective action to ensure that teaching is routinely good
Conisborough College
2020-02-27T10:44:43+00:00
Leaders are taking effective action to ensure that teaching is routinely good

On Teaching staff…

Teachers demonstrated strong subject knowledge and planned activities to meet their pupils’ learning needs.
Conisborough College
2020-02-27T10:45:58+00:00
Teachers demonstrated strong subject knowledge and planned activities to meet their pupils’ learning needs.

On Teaching staff…

Their effective use of questioning deepened pupils’ knowledge and understating. Pupils were focused and participated readily.
Conisborough College
2020-02-27T10:46:34+00:00
Their effective use of questioning deepened pupils’ knowledge and understating. Pupils were focused and participated readily.

On literacy…

A new literacy policy is beginning to develop a reading culture across the school. In lessons, pupils are encourage to develop a wider vocabulary
Conisborough College
2020-02-27T10:47:18+00:00
A new literacy policy is beginning to develop a reading culture across the school. In lessons, pupils are encourage to develop a wider vocabulary

On behaviour…

Approaches to improve behaviour are effective. Staff, pupils, parents and carers are clear about the required conduct of pupils.
Conisborough College
2020-02-27T10:47:56+00:00
Approaches to improve behaviour are effective. Staff, pupils, parents and carers are clear about the required conduct of pupils.
0
0
Conisborough College

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This