Key Stage 3 Geography
In Geography you will be introduced to geographical skills such as a knowledge of places and an understanding of geographical processes.
Year 7 students study Humanities which is a combination of Geography and History.
Geography remains a compulsory subject. The course will involve students in developing a range of distinct skills that will equip them for future life. They will develop proficient map skills and a range of ICT skills. They will solve problems and complete enquiries, one of which will be based on a fieldwork theory paper. They will learn how to collect information, interpret evidence, make decisions, draw and justify conclusions, as well as communicate their findings.
- Theme 1 – Challenges of Living in the Built Environment
- Theme 2 – Physical Processes and Relationships between People and Environments
- Theme 3 – Uneven Development and Sustainable Environments
- Written Paper (Unit 1) 40%
- Written Paper (Unit 2) 30%
- Written Paper (Unit 3) 30%
- City Planner
- IT and Design
- Commerce and Creating GIS Systems