School /Home Support (SHS) is a national charity which supports children and families with whatever difficulties they may face.
Our aim is to build links between a child’s school and their family homes, in order for them to get the most out of their school life and to give their families a greater understanding of what is going on for them at school.
The Parent Support Advisor understands the varied and complex reasons behind persistent lateness and truancy, failure to do homework and challenging behaviour.
As an independent resource, the Parent Support Advisor is available in school to support children and to meet with parents and carers in their homes, communities or other more convenient locations.
Some of the things the Parent Support Advisor can help with include:
- Getting to school on time and good attendance
- Mental or physical health issues
- Engaging parents in school life
- Housing and money worries
- Feeling happy and confident
- Supporting your child’s learning
- Family problems
- New starts and settling in
- 1-2-1 support for parents
- 1-2-1 support for children
- Parent courses
In an average classroom up to eight children will be living in poverty.
SHS is a national charity that places highly trained practitioners in schools to support children, young people and families, whatever they are going through.
Tap here to see how you can get involved and make a positive difference.